Eartha Pond Joins The FA Women’s Football Board30 Jul, 2021
The Football Association is pleased to confirm that former defender Eartha Pond has been appointed to The FA Women’s Football Board (WFB) as an Independent Non-Executive Director.
Pond, who’s former clubs during her playing days included Chelsea, Everton, Charlton Athletic and Tottenham Hotspur brings further expertise and experience to guide, challenge and advise the board on delivering against the four-year ‘Inspiring Positive Change’ strategy that was launched in October 2020.
The newly created position on the board was advertised and selection was by interview. The panel consisted of Sue Hough, Chair of WFB, Elizabeth Jenkin, WFB Independent, Elaine Oram, WFB member, and Sue Campbell, FA Director of Women’s Football. The newly created position on the board is for an undefined length of time.
As well as being a former player, Pond went onto become a PE teacher and progressed into Senior Leadership positions within education, receiving accolades including Sports Teacher of the Year, School of the Year and a Global Teacher Prize finalist. She is skilled in Coaching, Public Speaking, Research, Sports Coaching and Management. She is an influential volunteer in her community and is a re-elected local Councillor for the only Community Council in London, Queens Park Community Council.
The full list of members that make up The FA Women’s Football Board is as follows:
- Rupinder Bains: FA Board representative.
- Sue Campbell: FA Executive representative.
- Hannah Dingley: Inclusion Football Advisory Board representative.
- Sandi Dosanjh: Chair of Women’s National League Board.
- Sue Hough (Chair): Chair of the Women’s Talent Committee. Sue is a Vice President of The FA and also sits on The FA Board and is on the Ambassadorial Panel. Sue also sits on the Barclays FA WSL/WC Board on behalf of the Women’s Football Board and the FA WNL Board. Sue is the CEO of Dorset County FA.
- Elizabeth Jenkin : Independent Non-Executive Director.
- Jason Lee: Professional Footballers’ Association representative. Jason is the Equalities Education Executive at the PFA.
- Elaine Oram: Chair of the Women’s Pyramid Project Group and Chair of the Ambassadorial Panel. Elaine is the CEO of Nottinghamshire County FA.
- Eartha Pond: Independent Non-Executive Director.
- Thura Win: Women’s Football Conference representative. Thura is also on the Ambassadorial Panel.
Chair of The FA Women’s Football Board, Sue Hough, said: “The FA Women’s Football Board is delighted to welcome Eartha as our newest member and believe she brings a wealth of experience that will add significant value to the work we conduct.
“She has a passion for football and fundraising, while equality, diversity and inclusion is integral to her and we are looking forward to her making her mark in those areas.
“The selection panel are confident that Eartha will bring a refreshing view on the talent pathway and look forward to welcoming her to the Women’s Football Board.”